Based in Hamburg, Germany
Explore the remains of a fallen world from fascinating perspectives! Slip into the role of different animals to uncover the fate of an ancient world. Dive into deep waters, fly at lofty heights, dig underground as a mole or even climb steep cliffs with a mountain goat, there are lots of ways of getting around.
„A last ruler shall come, when Inrah turns his face, followed by eternal night“
Lost Ember is a storydriven 3rd person exploration adventure for PC and consoles. With a wolf as your main character and a determined companion on your side, you will unveil a story of loyalty, despair and betrayal that led to the fall of a whole world.
On your journey you are guided by a companion that used to be part of the old Inrahsi culture and witnessed the fall of his world. For thousands of years he was seeking and finally found you. Through his memories you will see what happened to the old world and learn to understand him, to finally help him on his mission.
Your ability to possess every animal in the world enables you to explore the world in a lot of different perspectives to find hidden secrets and places that played a role in the fall of the Inrahsi and hold important memories.
The gameplay in Lost Ember focuses entirely on exploring the world and the story with the different animals. We wanted to achieve a relaxing gameplay that lets the player move through our world in his own pace and still make it a lot of fun by letting him do so in a great variety of ways.
- TRUE ROCKSTARS Featuring sound and music by former Rockstar North veterans Craig Connor and Will Morton (Solid Audioworks)!
- EXPLORE THE WORLD Discover the beauty of a world where nature has reclaimed its place from mankind. As a wolf with the power to control other animals and a determined companion on your side you'll discover ruins of old cultures and remains of long forgotten civilizations that tell you a story of hope, loss, ambition and failure.
- SWITCH PERSPECTIVES Your main character will be the wolf. Majestic, fast and agile he is perfect to run through the woods, travel the world and hunt down all the other animals he encounters. These other animals can be possessed anytime the wolf encounters them along his journey and their special abilities are vital in some situations. Fly through the tops of the tree with a parrot, dive into the depths as a fish or dig your way to otherwise inaccessible areas as a mole - your ways of getting around are numerous.
- DISCOVER SECRETS Dark secrets pave the way to the fall of Machu Kila! The old capitol and hometown of the Inrahsi now lays in ashes, the ruins of the once pompous temples are overgrown by shrubs and trees and nothing remains of the old majesty. Figure out what happened to the people of Machu Kila and get to know the characters behind its fall.
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Deutscher Computerspielpreis/German Videogame Award - Best Newcomer - 2nd place" Munich, Germany, April 2016
- "A BEAUTIFUL-LOOKING ADVENTURE GAME."
- , PC Gamer
- "LOST EMBER IS ONE OF THE MOST ASTONISHING INDIE GAMES OF 2016."
- , 80 Level
- "A GREAT IDEA, BRILLIANT STORY AND MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL, GREAT GAMEPLAY"
- , gamesTM
About Mooneye Studios
Mooneye Studios is an indie game studio from Hamburg, Germany. With their award-winning exploration adventure “Lost Ember” they recently achieved international recognition and successes on Kickstarter and - with a small team of only 5 people - managed to create Germany's second most successful games crowdfunding campaign. In 2018 they want to launch their highly anticipated debut title on PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.
More information on Mooneye Studios, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Lost Ember Credits
Concept Art, Texturing
3D Design, Level Design